To achieve the best burn from your candle, follow our tips below.
- Tip #1 Avoid tunneling. Each time you light your candle, allow it to burn until the wax is melted all the way to the edge of the glass. If you wait until the entire top of your candle is liquid wax each burn, then your candle will last longer & it won’t tunnel.
- Tip 2: Avoid over burning your candle. Burn your candles for about 4 hours each time & let cool down before you re-light.
- Tip 3: Keep your candle wick healthy. When your candle is cool, trim the wick to about half a centimetre. This will ensure that your candle burns gently. A short wick may cause tunneling & a long wick means your candle will burn faster than necessary.
- Tip 4: Storage is important – and can be a bonus! If you keep your candles out of direct sunlight, they won’t unintentionally melt or discolour. I keep mine in cupboards, away from dust and sunlight. And the bonus? Well, the delicious smell when I open the cupboard of course!
- Tip 5: Know when your candle has reached the end. Let your candles burn until they are about 1 centimetre from the bottom of the glass. And remember, soy wax will clean away in warm soapy water so you can re-use the glassware if you wish.
- Tip 6: Enjoy your candles safely. Don’t leave your candles unattended and place them away from drafts, children and pets. Always place candles on a heat-resistant base and set on a level stable surface. Oh, and don’t move a burning candle.
SAINT AMBROSE - HAND POURED IN AUSTRALIA